Looking to Buy a Home?
Looking to move into a specific neighbourhood? Could your commute be easier? Looking for an extra bedroom or a bigger yard? Whatever you are looking for I will listen to those needs and help you find the place you want.
The first step in the home search is to obtain a mortgage pre approval. A qualified mortgage broker can outline how much you can expect to pay per month and to explain the various types of financing options available to you. Once you have a pre approval in place and your price range narrowed down, it’s time to establish your list of wants and needs.
I’ll sit down with you at this point to hear about what is a top priority for you, whether it be a certain neighbourhood or school district, a certain amount of space and privacy, or being as close to your work as possible. There are many fantastic (and soon to be fantastic) neighbourhoods in Toronto and finding the one that’s right for you and your family is a top priority for me.
Home inspection is important for all home owners to make sure there are no surprises hiding behind the walls.
When it comes time to buy you will need to hire a lawyer to look over your contact and any legal issues.
You must have insurance before you take over your home to protect your interests. Also the bank will insist you have insurance before you can take over ownership of the house.
Getting ready to move
Things to do before moving day
- Hire a moving company or book a truck if you are doing the moving yourself
- Buy boxes and other supplies
- Get rid of or donate anything you don’t want to take to the new house
- Contact Canada Post to forward you mail to the new address.
- Call your cable and phone companies to arrange transferring services to new place
- Change address on drivers license, health card, bank accounts and subscriptions